Concentration / Summary
D. Scott Simpson is a shareholder at Simpson, Jensen, Abels, Fischer, and Bouslog, P.C. Scott has a general practice, but practices primarily within the firm’s estate and business departments, which includes but is not limited to estate planning, wills, trusts, probate and trust administration, beneficiary representation, will contests, guardianships, conservatorships, business/corporate and real estate law. Scott practices primarily before the Iowa state courts.
Scott was born in Des Moines, Iowa on July 26, 1966. He graduated from Roosevelt High School in 1984 and received his B.S. in finance from Drake University in 1989. Scott earned his J.D. degree from Drake University in 1993.
Areas of Practice
Probate and Trust Administration, Estate Planning – Wills, Trusts, Declarations of Intention, Charitable Planning, Corporate/Business – formation, transactions, succession planning, Real Estate
- Iowa (1993-Present)
Professional Recognitions/Honors & Accomplishments
- BV® Peer Review Rating by Martindale-Hubbell
- Author, S Corporation Stock in Non-Grantor Trusts, March 2010 issue of The Key, Society of Financial Service Professionals
- Co Author, Chapter 15, Estate Planning, Leveraging with Legal Assistants, American Bar Section of Law Practice Management
- Co Author, Chapter I, Special Shareholder Concerns in the Closely Held Corporation, Business Law Manual, Iowa State Bar Association.
Associations and Affiliations
- Polk County Bar Association (Member)
- Iowa State Bar Association (Member, Probate, Real Estate, Business sections)
- American Bar Association (Member, Real Property, Probate and Trust, and Business Sections)
- Des Moines Estate Planners Forum (Member)
- Iowa State Bar Association Public Service Project, Board of Directors, 2000 to present, President 2001-2002
- Financial Service Professionals, Chapter Board of Directors, 2008 to present
- Wednesday Tax Forum (Member)
- Delta Theta Phi
Family, Boating, Canoeing, Hiking, Camping, Bicycling